Monday, September 5, 2011

Paper Piecing House Card


I find paper piecing to be one of my favorite type of cards to make. Bit by bit you build your picture and its only at the end that you get the full impact of the card. The stamp is from Dimension Fourth, the papers are from the Born to Shop range by Docrafts. The stamp itself had stitching around it so I just mirrored that by using a thin black pen to create stitching around the papers and finished it all off with a cute little button in the middle of the sun.

I taught this in class and I just put a big folder of left over paper pieces from other projects on the table, you should have seen what everyone turned out. The cards were all unique. The girls used papers I would never have thought to use on this project and the colors they put together ended up looking stunning. Happy days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment