Monday, February 27, 2012

India................here they come



Yahoooooooooo.............my mom announced over the weekend that she is bringing my baby (12 years old) and her cousin (13 years old) to India for 11 days!!!! Needless to say the excitement is unreal in our house at the moment. Hannah has been talking about wanting to go to India for about 2 years now, she loves Indian movies, saris, bindis and the list goes on :). After the shock came the tears of disbelief and now the complete and total excitement. They went out and bought books on India after Nana told them the news and we have had a very focused and obsessed child ever since.  Is it very bold to say that I am thrilled and excited for her but am planning my 11 days of freedom since oh about 2 seconds after I was told about the trip.........lol.

Anyway in honor of her trip ahead I thought I would show you a little Travel Journal I made with the Papermania Travel Print Urban Stamps. We have a shop here called Bookstation and they were selling off little wire bound books with the children's cartoon Miffy on the front for only €2.00. So €10.00 later (I couldn't just buy one!!!!) and I was ready to go.......

To start  I removed the back and front covers from their wire binding and covered them with Kraft card and then stamped the images in the stamp set all over them. I highlighted one of the stamps on white card and punched it out with the postage stamp punch from Xcut. The lettering is from the Me to You Winter Wonderland cardstock stickers (love them!!!). I thought I would give this to Hannah to take with here as she is forever drawing and this would be a great little diary and sketch book for her.

The little tag is a Kraft tag from Docrafts. I cut out a rectangle from a Post It note, placed it centrally on the tag, drew a line around the rectangle and then stamped around it with the same stamp set I used on the journal above. Then when I removed the post it note I was left with this lovely clear section to write a name and address. Needless to say I now have to go off and make more of these for everyone to put on their suitcases.

Hope you like it and happy crafting everyone.

5 comments:

  1. Great idea - they look really good. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous idea they look great. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cliona - just luvving the look going on here. Fab!!!
    love Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cliona, I bet your daughters going to be one very well behaved girl until she goes.
    The book is a great idea to take with her.
    Have just become a follower.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cliona, I adore this kraft look, and the little book is adorable.

    I'm new in ireland and live in County Cork, and not really sure if that is anywhere near you. Thanks for following my blog, I too am following you now.

    ReplyDelete